Microdermabrasion at Skin Confidence
The quality and texture of your skin can change at any age, with bacteria, elasticity and environmental factors all playing a role. When you feel unconfident about the appearance of your skin, it’s only natural for your self-esteem to be affected.
At Skin Confidence Clinic in Brisbane, we use microdermabrasion to improve the texture and overall appearance of the skin by removing damaged cells.
With the help of a diamond-tipped head, our microdermabrasion device removes dead skin cells and impurities, while also increasing collagen production. Whether you want to treat acne, the common signs of ageing or simply want to keep your skin looking healthy, microdermabrasion produces long-lasting results.
Microdermabrasion Treatments Explained
Microdermabrasion sessions are completely non-invasive, which means no anaesthetic is required. This is often described as a gentle and invigorating treatment that leads to clearer, brighter skin.
While microdermabrasion might seem similar to a facial, it’s not exactly the same as a traditional facial. Active skincare products and advanced exfoliating technology is used to treat conditions such as acne, minimise pores and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Along with the diamond-tipped head, one of the most unique features of microdermabrasion treatments is the vacuum suction. This helps extract debris from the pores and gets rid of dead skin cells that cause breakouts.
Treatments target the outer layers of the skin and it almost feels like small grains of sand are being moved across your skin. This might be a strange sensation but it’s certainly not painful.
The length of your microdermabrasion session is dependent on what you want to achieve – it can last anywhere from 20 – 50 minutes. We will assist you with a tailored treatment plan following your consultation. The number of treatments required will depend on the condition of your skin as well as your goals. Most patients schedule monthly treatments, particularly if they struggle with moderate to severe acne.
Since this is a non-invasive treatment, you are free to resume your normal routine directly after your appointment.
Get in touch
If you would like to come in for a consultation or find out more about a procedure, please fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly.
Improve the texture and overall
appearance of the skin by
removing damaged cells
Why Consider Microdermabrasion?
- Reduces acne breakouts. By removing the dead skin cells and bacteria that clog your pores, you will experience fewer acne breakouts.
- Minimise pore size. Another effect of dead skin cells is that they tend to enlarge the pores on the face. Clearing away this debris helps tighten the pores.
- Brighten your complexion. When damaged skin cells aren’t present on the surface of your skin, they don’t dull your complexion.
- Improve skin tone. Lines, age spots and dry skin can all affect skin tone. Microdermabrasion can treat the effects of ageing and sun exposure.
- Deep cleansing. By clearing away skin congestion, dry skin, acne and signs of ageing are automatically reduced too.
- Rejuvenate the skin. Another benefit of clearing away congestion is that it improves lymphatic drainage and gives the skin a rejuvenated glow.
- Stimulate collagen production. When your skin has higher levels of collagen, it’s much less affected by ageing.
The final results of your treatment will be visible one to two months after.